365体育投注• As you approach the gates, you will see a status board. A green arrow indicates that lane ahead lane is open for I.D. check. A red "X" indicates lane is closed for I.D. check.
• DO NOT cross double white solid lines on base.
• After entering USAFA, be cognizant of Pop-Up Barriers, and the Barrier Signal lights.
365体育投注• While driving on USAFA grounds, the use of hand-held cell phones is PROHIBITED (hands free phone calls are permitted.)
365体育投注• PLEASE pay attention when backing vehicles since this is the primary reason for accidents on base.
• USAFA provides acceleration lanes for merging into traffic - please use to merge safely into high-speed traffic.
• WATCH OUT FOR WILDLIFE!
• We have 2 school zones on USAFA - if you speed <=25 mph in a school zone then fines will be doubled. If you speed >25 mph then you will be summoned to court.
365体育投注• Speed limits are strictly enforced and traffic violations may require appearance in a federal magistrate court.
• Required riding gear on the base:
- DOT-approved helmet
- long sleeves, long trousers
- full fingered gloves
- sturdy over the ankle footwear365体育投注
- goggles, wrap around glasses, or full face shield
• Brightly colored/reflective gear is strongly encouraged
• Bicyclists must ride with the flow of traffic. Under assimilation of the Colorado Senate Bill 148 (Bicycle Safety Act of 2009), bicycle riders are permitted to ride two abreast while riding on the shoulder of South Gate and Stadium Boulevards as traffic volume and safety permit. Exception: Riders will move to single-file over all bridges due to the lack of an adequate shoulder. While riding on all other roads on USAFA, cyclists must ride single-file. Single-file does not apply when traveling on the Santa Fe Trail. (AFI 91-207)
365体育投注• Highly reflective clothing must be worn at night.
• Must have a working headlight when riding at night
• Ride with traffic, single file riding only.
365体育投注• Colorado has a "3 foot" rule which means motorists must give riders 3 feet of space when passing; drivers, pay attention!
• Protective headgear must be worn.
365体育投注• Ensure bicycles are equipped with a white front light visible for 500 feet and red reflector or light clearly visible from the rear for 300 feet.
365体育投注• When available, ALWAYS utilize sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Run against the flow of traffic so you see each other.
- Reflective articles must be worn (1 hr before sunset to 1 hr after sunrise, periods of reduced visibility.)
• Pedestrians, joggers, etc are prohibited from wearing headphones in a traffic environment!!